Welcome to our Careers Education Site
Ark Alexandra Academy uses the Gatsby Benchmarks as a guide to plan our Careers Education programme. The Gatsby Benchmarks are a framework of 8 guidelines about what makes the best careers provision in schools and colleges. For more information relating to the framework click here.
As part of our commitment to informing our students of the full range of learning and training pathways on offer to them, we provide several opportunities throughout the student journey that allow them to explore different career paths. We have developed a structured programme, which includes a wide variety of activities that is focused on providing high quality information and career guidance. This will allow the students to make the best possible decision for their future career paths.
Ark Alexandra Academy proactively seeks to build relationships with partners as we plan our Careers Education activities. Providers have multiple opportunities to speak to students and their parents across years 7-13, to offer information on vocational, technical and apprenticeship qualifications and pathways. This is outlined in the policy statement for further education and training providers.
If you are a parent or employer and would like to provide feedback regarding our careers programme, please click here.
Careers Education service
Our careers education service offers the following:
- Online resources about a wide range of career opportunities;
- A focus on choices for Year 8;
- A focus on choices after Year 11- further and higher education, sixth form, vocational pathways, apprenticeships and employment. Help with the application process and CVs;
- Support for individual students (and their parents) to discuss training and career possibilities and requirements;
- Careers Education, programme workshops, presentations and careers events with support from external organisations.